INDELIBLE RELATION OF YOU AND YOUR NATIVE LAND


           

                         

Khem Veasna, the Cambodian President once quoted " There is no place in this world warmer than our native land". This can be the reason behind why an individual feels so rejoiceful and delightful as well, while talking or hearing about his native place being discussed upon. We people are totally empathized about our reaction after bumping to a person from our inborn place. 

I feel excited and nostalgic on the other side to pen down about My Native Place or say, My Native Places. 

To begin with the place I was born, REWA - The Land of White Tigers. 
Rewa is a city in north-eastern part of Madhya Pradesh state in India. The city produces a part of Vindhya Plateau of Madhya Pradesh province. If I go with deep insights of the place, then, According to the 2011 Census,
Area – 6314 sq.km
Sex ratio – 931 (means, for every 1000 males there are 931 females)
Density/sq. Km – 375
Literacy rate – 71.62%
Population – 23.65 lakhs 
 The main rivers flowing through the district are Tons, Kevti, Beehad and many more. The National highways that share a connection to the city are NH-7, NH-75, NH-27 and NH-75A. It feels proud to know and let you know, State's first White Tiger - "Mohan" was captured from nearby forest of city by the then King of Rewa, HH Martand Singh Ji; hence,  commemorating it as a Land of White Tigers. Sundarja variety of mangoes from Govindgarh are famous all over the country and are also exported out of the country. 
The city holds a rich list of flamboyant tourist spots in and around the place. Important Waterfalls of the land includes Chachai, Bahuti, Keoti and Purva. Additionally, Rani Talab Mandir, famous for its 450 years old cculpture of Kalka ji is one of the most visited temple by the people of the city, other is the Mahamrityunjay Mandir. Bagheli and Hindi are the  most spoken language of the area.
Until recently, the city was famous for its toys made out of supari.
Beyond these geographical and cultural aspects of the city, there is much more to know; to feel and to embrace about.  

It would seem surprising, but yes, my birth place, the native land I just glanced about, is unknown to me. This place does not seem to be my own, well because, though I was born right here but belong to some place 50kms away. 
The PLACE more dear to me; the PLACE I feel connected to; the PLACE I know more about; the PLACE which resides within me and the PLACE to which I belong is and will always be - SATNA.  

Satna is a district in Central Indian State of Madhya Pradesh. For enhancing the factual knowledge about the city, here are some insights, according to Census 2011-
Area - 7502 sq. Km.
Sex ratio - 926
Literacy rate - 72.26 %
Population - 22,28,935
Density/sq. Km - 297
Satna, contributes 8%-9% of India's total cement production and hence it is known as Cement City of India. It is a hub of some exciting religious tourism places like Chitrakoot and Maihar. Art Ichol, a platform for creating and promoting creative arts lies in the outskirts of city and is one of my favourite place to visit. 

I was brought up in this city when I was just one. This land is no less than native to me. It carries my childhood; my teenage; and lot more memories to cherish.
As quoted by Richard Eyre, a film director "A Place makes a deep impression on you when you're young. It lives with you. It's like your  Childhood. It fertilises the imagination." 
When I meet somebody from Satna or even from any city in Madhya Pradesh state, it titillates me. It's not just me but it happens with each one of us. This does not at all mean we are state specific rather it shows there is a deep sense of interconnection between you and the particular land, which is quite normal. I still remember my peers (College mates) calling me Satna rather than my real name which is always funny to hear but on the same hand my stomach use to tickle and heart seemed to beat faster.
 
I ponder, this is the power of the relationship between you and your native land; you and your country. So, this was all about my native lands which I'll adore of, my whole life, because this connection is incredibly strong and not meant to be broken. 

                                                -------------------------------------------------------------- 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Talk about MENSTRUATION : Unhide the Hidden Shame

Covid-19-: एक भूत या बीमारी??

मां- बाप का अर्थ ?